Thursday, July 14, 2011

'How to' make a Photoshop brush

While setting up this blog (and personalising my twitter account) I  used Photoshop to create the backgrounds. One of the things I did was make my own brush (.abr), it is very easy to do and you can make brushes from just about anything. You might want it to be words eg.. logo or name for a watermark on photos, or make one from a photo you have on your computer.
 I made one from a picture I had on my computer (not sure where I got it from), so I thought I would make a little 'how to' video on how you too can make your own Photoshop brushes, it also shows you how to make a brush from text.

Side note : I am using an iMac with Photoshop CS5, the bigger the image/graphic the better - up to 2500 x 2500 pixels, for the 'how to' I have made them small.

Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required.

Here is a link to view the 'How to' in it's original format -  Photoshop Brushes

I used Jing for the video capture, it's free and easy to use.


I will also add that I have used Billy Argel's font Monbijoux which you can get via his blog.

Let me know if you have any questions :)